We have three special opportunities to get to know Bishop Mark this coming weekend:
Friday, 12:00 pm at the Settles Hotel in Big Spring. Dene Sheppard is planning a luncheon at the historic Settles Hotel. Join the group in the Settles Grill at noon.
Friday, 6:00 pm at KD’s Barbecue. A favorite stop for the bishop, we’ll indulge in barbecue and the unique atmosphere of that little slice of barbecue heaven. Order from the grille and look for us upstairs in the private dining room.
Saturday, 6:30 pm at the Gary and Nadine’s Oknefski’s. We’ll be enjoying an informal Italian night and the opportunity to spend a little time with our wonderful bishop! Please do let Nadine know you are coming by emailing her at ______.
It would be wonderful to have every member of the parish with us at one or more of these meals. Bishop Mark wants to get to know each of us better and to share a bit of his life with us too. Teenagers and children are most welcome to join us!
On Saturday, Bishop Mark will be with us for the big Christmas distribution at the Jubilee Center. Join us at 9:00. A few more volunteers will help to make everything run more smoothly. At noon on Saturday, the bishop has asked to meet with the Confirmands for lunch at All Saints.
On Sunday, Bishop Mark will confirm and receive and join us for a holiday season luncheon following service. We’ll enjoy deep fried turkeys (thanks Bob!), scrumptious desserts and whatever side dishes you bring. Remember to bring a few boxes of Mac and Cheese for the Jubilee Collection too.
SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK
The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer (bishop), he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God’s church? He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil. 1st Timothy 3:1-7
As always, if you are in need of pastoral care, please do feel free to call me at 432-853-2751.
Your fellow servant,
THE NEXT SEVEN DAYS (See the comments above for activities with the bishop)
- Sundays, Classes at 9:15 am, Worship at 10:30am. Youth Confirmation begins this Sunday.
- Tuesday, December 9th, 11:45am, Men’s Fellowship Lunch at Jubilee. Open to all men, it’s a relaxing and fun way to spend your lunch hour. The food is top notch too!
- Tuesday, December 9th, 6:00pm. Dinner and Vestry meeting in the Fellowship Hall.
- Wednesday, December 10th, 6:30 pm, The Bible Study at the Oknefski’s, 2201 Hereford Boulevard. We will be in Genesis, chapter 32.
- Friday, December 12th, 8:15am-9:15am. Shelf Stocking at Jubilee Center.
- Saturday, December 13th, 9:00am-12:00pm, Jubilee Center, Food Distribution. Just show up, we’ll find a place for you to serve!
- Sunday, December 14th, Bishop Mark Zimmerman visits for confirmation and reception of new members. Bring Mac and Cheese for the Jubilee Collection and stay for lunch!
- Friday-Sunday, beginning on January 16th, All Saints Women’s Retreat in San Angelo.
- Sunday, January 25th, The Annual Meeting after church.